You are invited to join us on June 13, 2021 to remember and celebrate Phyl’s life, around the date of her Yahrzeit (the anniversary of her passing) at Look Park in Northampton, MA (park map and directions).
Here’s the plan for June 13, 2021….
- 10:00 am – 10:15 am – arrive and join us at the Dow Pavilion (tell the folks at the gate you are there for the Phyl-in-Tropics ALS Fundraiser so they don’t charge you for parking)
- 10:15am – 10:45 am – Welcome, a few remarks, a mourners Kaddish prayer, candle lighting by all, and instructions for the walk
- 10:45 am – 12:00 noon – walk around the park while sharing your stories about Phyl with friends and our family
- 12:00 noon – 2:00pm – join us for a picnic lunch and informal gathering (please bring your own food and drinks)
We will have photos of Phyl showing constantly and music (probably the Beatles). There is plenty of space to socially distance safely. And remember to wear a tropical shirt! We will light candles, a Yahrzeit tradition, in her memory. You may bring your own candle but we will provide them as well.
Let me know if you have any quesitons – either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (413-687-7798).
You are also invited to visit the gravesite on your own at any time. The grave is at the Wildwood Cemetery at 70 Strong St. in Amherst, MA. It is the only rose/pink granite stone at the far, north end of the cemetery. Here is a map….
And for those of you who live nearby…. the deck is open! You are invited to stop by to visit me…. and talk about Phyl, your pain and sadness, your happy memories, your love for her. And I’ll tell you about our grandkids! Be sure and text or call to make sure I’m home (413-687-7798)
Finally, you are also invited to help us with our final fundraiser for the Massachusetts Chapter of the ALS Association in memory of Phyl. The money that we raise will go towards a mission that Phyl cared about deeply – a world without ALS. If you can, please donate!
- Please help us make a difference – one dollar at a time. Click here Donate to Phyl Gerber’s One Year Celebration Fundraiser to help us reach our goal! If this link won’t work, please go to Phyl’s fundraising page here (or directly here: http://web.alsa.org/goto/PhylinTropics2021).
And we hope to see you on June 13!
For the full story of Phyl’s illness, go to: https://changingthestory.net/2020/07/19/our-journey-with-als/